This document outlines the steps to be taken to submit one or many notices via the Find a Tender email method.
Scope and purpose
The purpose of this document is to provide the required information to operate the Find a Tender email submission system.
To use the Find a Tender REST API, an eSender must have:
- A valid Supplier Registration account
- An API licence
- A eSender login
To acquire these credentials please contact eSenders@crowncommercial.gov.uk.
Submit notice email
The specifications of the submission via email method can be found here.
- Compose a new email
- In the To: field input 'firstname.lastname@example.org'
- In the Subject: field please insert a subject in the format of xxxxx-XMLnn-yyyymmdd - e.g. TED12-XML01-20210916. Please see specification for more information.
- Create a reception notice XML. Sample xml can be found here (for changes from the previous version of the schema, please see Find a Tender schema changes). Please ensure that the <ESENDER_LOGIN> element is populated with your eSender login.
- Save the XML file with the filename in the format of xxxxx-yyyy-ssssss.xml - e.g. TED12-2021-000133.xml. Please see specification.
- Send the file to a Zip folder and name the Zip folder in the format of xxxxx-XMLnn-yyyymmdd.zip - e.g. TED12-XML01-20210916.zip. Please see specification for more information.
- Attach the zip folder to the email
- Include only in the body the name of the XML file/s that are contained within the zip e.g. TED12-2021-000133.xml (if there are mulitple files contained, please put each file on a new line). Please see specification.
- Send the email
- A response email will be sent confirming receipt of the package.
- For each notice that has passed validation and has been published, an email will be sent confirming publication.
For all responses, please see the Responses section within the specification.